Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive.....

Good Morning Everyone-


I have been feeling under the weather and have not worn ANYTHING extraordinary or even cute enough that the camera wouldn’t purposely turn itself off in fear of breaking from the unfashionableness. (yes made up a word)

I do get a lot of emails asking me about my hair and skin regimen and also other various questions so I thought I would do a blog post devoted to FAQs. I am only listing the ones that have been asked and if anyone has others, please feel free to leave a comment below and I will certainly get back to you or do another FAQ post. Thank you so much again for all the wonderful feedback and the constructive criticism. I would be NOTHING without all of you and you inspire me EVERY day. You are my strength and you keep pushing me to endure the “funny looks” from people as I am taking pics of myself throughout the city. LOL!!!!



How old are you?:  I am the young age of 22 (+7)

Are you really Haitian? You dont look like a Haitian? GRRR, I detest that but I am posting EVERY question that I get asked. Yes I am Haitian and VERY proud of it. You would be surprised the variety of skin tones and features that Haitians have. Please review a little bit of our history here. View a list of Haitian Celebrities& Notable Haitians and most importantly my beautiful cousin, Miss Haiti herself, Sarodj Bertin

What is your hair and skin regimen? I am doing a full post on just this since this is the most common question I get... I do have certain products that I love like Bain de Terre products and Kera Care. Skin- Im ashamed to admit this but I am REALLY bad about washing my face and even worse about taking my makeup off... but I like Ivory Soap the most.

Who are your fave designers? For pants- Chloe other than that.. Nicolas Ghesquiere, Marchesa, Tracy Reese, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein (love his classic lines and simple chic), Patrick Robinson, Laural Smalls and Victoria Beckham.

Who is your fashion icon? oh boy... where do I even begin? But if I have to choose: Kate Moss, Kate Lanphear, Emmanuelle Alt, Olivia Palermo and Miroslava Duma.

Do you party a lot in Dc and where? I used to party ALOT (like 3 nights a week) but now I am more so 3 times a month. When I do go out, I love Park at 14th on Fridays and during the summer Beacon Hotel Day Party on Saturdays.

Who takes your pictures? 3 people do.... me, myself, and I ( nope not one of those bloggers who is blessed with a photographer boyfriend)

Are you married? not yet

What is your dream job? I want Grace Coddington's job... I would love to be the creative director for a high fashion mag

Who is La Bella Mafia… are they your age? LBM is the name of my close group of girl friends. We are all different ages, backgrounds etc... I love my friends! Im very into the mafia so thats the name.. "Dont mess with the family"

What is your favorite article of clothing that you own? oh goodness... ummmm I love my watches. I feel naked without one on so forget clothes.... lol

Why did you start a blog? I started a blog because it was the easiest way to gain exposure and get my foot in the door in fashion. Blogging is becoming one of the most influential fashion media and I want to be a part of it. Plus I love taking pics :)

Are you attending NYFW in the Fall? I will be there....  My girl Monroe and I will be tearing it up! lol

If you had to choose 3, who are your favorite bloggers? I cannot choose just 3 but if I have to, gun to my head type of thing.... Fashion Bomb Daily, Karla's Closet, and ME.. lol hahahahah

Are your friends super stylish too? Very much so! Rian is amazing with mixing prints, textures and lines and has a GREAT shoe game, Kisha has the best accessories of anyone I know and she is debuting her jewelry line this year, Jleh has the funkiest most fun time with fashion and pants look so darn good on her, Ann is the jacket queen and also has an accessory for EVERY outfit just to name a few....

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...