Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tracee Ellis Ross: She's a Bad Mamma Jamma!

Hey all-
I live for fashionable TV shows. I can sit and watch boring shows/movies if the fashion is on point because to me fashion is art and it revives me. Like Carrie said in Sex and the City " I wouldn't eat for the night and get a Vogue instead, I feel it nourishes me more". Whenever I am down, I turn to my fashion mags and the images alone make me happy... its instant Prozac or whatever the new depression drug du jour is.

With that said..... TV shows..... Till this day there are only 3 shows that inspire me and quench my thirst for style: Girlfriends, Sex and the City and Gossip Girl... the new VH1 'Single Ladies' is starting to creep into slot number 4 but we shall see if it has staying power as I am picky, picky!

Girlfriends was the "urban" Sex and the City and I adored it. Joan Clayton played by Tracee Ellis Ross had the most fabulous style and that was my first view of Christian Louboutin shoes. She always had a bold lip, wild hair and body hugging pencil skirts that were A.MA.ZING. Because of this, I wanted to do an ODE to Tracee Ellis Ross whose own style is very much that of her characters.

Enjoy.............................

She was known for pencil skirts that hit below the knee and this particular one with the ruffles is to DIE FOR!



Bold accessories were another wardrobe staple!

Love and I mean LOVE this Jacket! And of course the infamous Fendi Spy Bag



Although I had MANY faves from the show, the outfit below still causes me to swoon b ecause it is SO me. Backless Halter and wide leg or super flare jeans... AHHHHHHHH.. call the Dr to resuscitate me asap.



* Please note that these are not my pictures and I do not have ownership rights. Pictures are property of Tvstyle.com and various other blogs noted above.

Stay Cool,

Jenni-Jehanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...