Thursday, May 19, 2011

Haitian Flag Day

For more than 200 years, the Haitian flag has served as a symbol of freedom and a source of pride for many Haitians. Each and every year, Haitian Flag Day, is celebrated on May 18th to commemorate Haiti's struggle against slavery and its triumphant victory over the three greatest military powers in the world (in the 19th century -Spain, England, and France).
I am very proud of my culture, history and just being Haitian period. We are some of the most resilient people in the world and I wish everyone a HAPPY FLAG DAY!!!!

In honor of my country, I wore red and blue today to honor what the rebellion did for us. You can see the skirt in another post here: SKIRT
sidenote: It was a very impromptu shoot (after work and had been sitting ALL day in it) and I probably should have chosen a white wall to showcase the skirt... you live and you learn :)
L'Union Fait La Force :)
Shirt: J Crew, Skirt: Thrifted, Pumps: Aldo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...