Wednesday, June 29, 2011

DC Carnivale..... 1 haitian + 1 U.V.I. + 1 Yankee= A blast

Hey all-
As promised here is day 2 of my weekend with the girls! We went to the DC Carnival and Parade and we thought we were late but in my opinion we arrived JUST IN TIME. As we were walking up, I heard the familiar sound of one of my fave Haitian songs... K'em Pas Sote by Boukman Eksperyans. Even with my knee not so hot I started running and dancing behind the float... I LOVE MY CULTURE!!!!

Girls and I had an impromptu photo shoot before getting to Georgia Ave......
I didn't wear anything extra special as I was going for comfort and anything that I wouldn't be upset if it was ruined with glitter/tar/paint/ or mud.






My first "styling"... went with a minor color blocking motif




getting "styled" for the shoot
wanna see more of the DC Carnivale pics?? Click Below......





Kisha FIERCE




The oh-so-fabulous Kisha and I.... remember her ladies and gents... not only is she truly UNIQUE but she's about to set the fashion industry by storm..... you heard it here FIRST!

We cannot help but always laugh. The guys across the street were staring at our "shoot" and ogling...

 Kem Pas Sote.... Haitian Pride all day every day! I'm THAT Zoe :)




SensHAITIANal



Ayiti Cherie

 Tee and I waving our flags and dancing.... well me laughing since that seems to be ALL I do

This Lady was something else... 'nuff said.

L'Union Fait La Force




our fave yankee gettin it in!

That Haitian food was DELISH... We finished it in under 5 minutes!
Again... Loving my Haitian food and LOVIN my earrings... don't you?

My Beauties


Wanna hear the song I love so much... check it out below!

Shirt: Gap
Sandals: Classified

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...